With all the buzz around CBD oil, it’s easy to lose sight of what it is. If you want to give your pet CBD oil for general health and anti-aging or to treat more serious medical concerns, keep reading to learn everything you need to know about CBD oil, how it works, and what it can help with. This blog post is for you if you’re trying to figure out how much CBD oil to give your dog.
What is CBD oil?
The truth is, CBD oil is a bit of a confusing term. CBD oil is a hemp extract at its most fundamental level. But the fact that it comes in several forms, potencies, formulations, and other variations might be confusing. Therefore, many people prefer to refer to hemp as hemp oil or hemp extract.
In this article, CBD oil refers to a powerful, whole-plant, full-spectrum hemp extract with high CBD levels. Other CBD oils may be less powerful or might not contain the entire spectrum of CBD. This indicates that essential phytonutrients, or plant chemicals with therapeutic potential, are deficient.
Even though Fit N Fetch Outdoors CBD soft chews have less than 0.3 percent THC, some products may have higher levels. If they do, federal law no longer considers them to be legal. For these and other reasons, we recommend using a reputable brand such as Fit N Fetch Outdoors soft chews to ensure that the product is CBD-rich, 3rd party lab-tested, and low in THC.
CBD Oil and Its Benefits
If you’ve heard of CBD oil, you’re probably aware that it’s used to treat a range of symptoms and disorders. CBD oil affects the whole endocannabinoid system, which is one of the reasons it may be utilized for so many diseases.
The endocannabinoid system is a component of the brain that regulates a wide range of daily activities. Mood, anxiety, sleep, hunger, and other factors are among them. CBD oil has anti-inflammatory qualities as well. This is most likely one of the reasons it works for so many different ailments.
The wonderful thing about CBD oil is that it does not require you to be concerned about a certain ailment to use it. CBD oil is classified as a nutraceutical, which is defined as “a food containing health-promoting ingredients and having therapeutic value.” This suggests that giving CBD to pets on a regular basis is safe.
In fact, giving it to your pet daily basis is not only safe but also a wise decision. It can extend the life of your dog by years and years. Going to the vet for surgeries and prescriptions can also save you time and money.
However, if you’re concerned about a specific ailment or condition in your dog, here are a few that CBD oil is commonly used to treat:
- Aging: Antioxidants (a type of phytonutrient) have been related to a reduction in the aging process, thus it seems logical that CBD oil would have an anti-aging impact as well.
- Mobility and Joints: CBD oil can be particularly successful in reducing or treating pain in your dog because of its anti-inflammatory effects on the joints and pain-relieving effects on the body.
- Skin and Allergies: Inflammation is frequently associated with skin problems and allergies in dogs. CBD oil will also help to alleviate the discomfort that these illnesses cause. Both a topical cream and CBD oil is taken orally are advised for treating skin issues.
- Infectious Conditions: Because CBD oil has high antimicrobial qualities, it’s ideal for preventing and treating infectious infections. CBD oil can also aid in the treatment or reduction of some of the negative symptoms that canine bacterial infections can cause.
- Anxiety & Restlessness: Cannabidiol (CBD) is an oil that can be used to alleviate anxiety in dogs. Because low dosages might be stimulating at times, slightly greater doses are typically indicated for anxiety.
- Digestion issues & Nausea: CBD oil has been shown to be highly efficient in alleviating nausea in dogs, sometimes even more successful than medicines. CBD reduces nausea by interacting with receptors in the brain.
- Cancer: CBD and the phytonutrients in CBD oil have been shown to inhibit the development of cancer cells in dogs. CBD oil has also been shown to help prevent cancer from growing and spreading.
These are just a few of the ailments that CBD oil can assist with. Of course, every dog is different, so pay attention to how your dog reacts after receiving CBD oil treatment. To get the intended effect, a greater or lower dose may be required, as will be detailed further below.
How Much CBD Oil Should I Give My Dog?
So you’ve decided to give CBD oil to your dog, but you’re not sure how much to give him. To be honest, there isn’t a simple solution to that question.
Because there is no standardized CBD oil on the market, there are no universal recommendations. This is dependent on several things, as well as the kind of CBD oil you’re utilizing. The following are some of the most critical aspects that will influence the CBD oil dose for your dog.
Potency is the most significant consideration when deciding on CBD oil dose. Some CBD oils are so strong that just a small dosage is required. Others are quite raw and need far higher dosages.
The type of hemp cultivated, how it was managed after extraction, and the administration technique can all affect potency. There are a lot of variables, as you can see. The best thing you can do is read the directions on your CBD supplement or get advice from your veterinarian.
Can my dog overdose on CBD?
CBD is widely seen as having a bad connotation due to its link with marijuana and THC. As a result, it’s natural that some dog owners believe CBD is hazardous or can lead to overdosing.
CBD, on the other hand, has almost no adverse effects and little risk of overdosing. Overdosing is a possibility, however, the quantity your dog would have to consume to come close to overdosing is far too big to be of concern.
However, if you give your dog a lot of CBD oil, he will get calm, drowsy, and finally fall asleep. This might be OK in other circumstances, but since you’re trying for the opposite impact, you don’t want it to happen.
- “How Much CBD Oil Should I Give My Dog? | CertaPet Dose Guide.” CertaPet, 16 Oct. 2018, Accessed 8 Jan 2019. www.certapet.com/how-much-cbd-oil-should-i-give-my-dog/.
- Dorling, Susan. “How Much CBD Oil Should I Give My Dog?” Cuteness.comCuteness, 7 Sept. 2018, Accessed 8 Jan 2019. www.cuteness.com/13714654/how-much-cbd-oil-should-i-give-my-dog.